
So I was able to go to New York and visit a couple of galleries on Chelsea. One of the galleries that I visited was the PACE PRINTS on 57st. The exhibition displayed the worked of an artist who goes by the name of Jim Dine. Jim Dine work varies from painting, sculptor, photography and printmaking. Dine is able to use different printing techniques to combine familiar images like and portray them into meaningful vibrant works of art.Walking around Jim Dine's exhibition, a lot of his work displayed was mostly on printmaking throughout the show. What I found interesting about the exhibition is how majority of Dine's works dealt with images of Pinocchio and ravens.
I kind of like the way Dine portrays
the different series of Pinocchio. Each series seems to display a moment in the life of Pinocchio. Dine depiction of Pinocchio is different from what Walt Disney portrays or what we are use to seeing. Here Dine portrays Pinocchio in a dark gloomy type of setting. What I also like about the series is the different emotions that Pincchio seems to have in each series.
No comments:
Post a Comment